I’ve got another 5 day weekend coming up ahead. Since Patty is visiting, I’ve taken the next 3 days off so that Staci, Patty, Nicholas, Ian, and I have time to hang out. It’s been a blast to have her here again, and it’s made me more aware of how weird it is to NOT have her around. Here’s a semi-coherent list of observations from her trip
- We went right into our normal banter and talk without missing a beat. We like to pretend that we dont’ liek each other and that we’re really competitive about our child / spouse / job / life / whatever.
- Motherhood becomes her, although she’s prone to worrying so its fun to tease/scare her.
- Sometimes Ian and Nicholas look a lot alike, other times theres almost no family resemblance.
- Short hair makes her look really adult/mature.
- We have a lot of family, friends, "cousins" in the area.